|Yoga and Pilates
Bring your fitness routine full circle with Sports Clubs’ mind and body offerings. We now know the importance of mind and body work within a comprehensive fitness routine. Sports Clubs is proud to offer a full range of Pilates and yoga classes for all levels.
>>Find a class near you
- Nia is a sensory-based movement practice that draws from martial arts, dance arts and healing arts. It empowers people of all shapes and sizes by connecting the body, mind, emotions and spirit. Classes are taken barefoot to soul-stirring music in more than 48 countries.
- Ashtanga Yoga:
- A fast-paced yoga class with a series of six sequential postures that increase in difficulty, allowing students to work at their own pace, increasing flexibility, muscle tone, and improving balance and posture.
- Hatha Yoga:
- This form of yoga incorporates an eclectic blend of two or more yoga styles that focuses on posture and breathing. Most of the poses are seated and held longer than usual. Promotes relaxation while developing muscular strength, suppleness and flexibility.
- Iyengar Yoga:
- This yoga class focuses on the subtleties of each posture. Postures are held much longer so that students can focus on their precise muscular and skeletal alignment, perfecting the poses and their bodies.
- Kundalini Yoga:
- The practice of kundalini yoga incorporates postures, dynamic breathing techniques, chanting and meditating on mantras. Students concentrate on awakening the energy at the base of the spine and drawing it upward through each of the seven chakras.
- This class employs relaxation and concentration techniques to enhance mind and body awareness and mental focus, relieve stress and encourage relaxation.
- Harmonize your mind and body through traditional yoga poses and exercises that improve flexibility, strength, balance and breathing. This timeless class will awaken your spirit, heal your body and help you find your center.
- Vinyasa Yoga:
- This vigorous and dynamic style of yoga focuses on harmonizing your breathing with your movement. Standing postures are emphasized.
- A-I Stretch:
- The active-isolated stretching technique consists of slow, smooth, range-of-motion exercises. Special ropes may be used for assistance.
- This class is designed to increase flexibility and improve body alignment, muscle tone, and posture using exercises practiced by top athletes, yogis and/or dancers to help prevent injury and relieve stress.
- Yoga Basics:
- This 55 minute yoga class designed to introduce newcomers to a safe and effective yoga practice. Poses will be broken down and modifications given to help all participants feel successful while gaining the wonderful benefits of yoga.
- Yoga-Pilates Fusion:
- This 55 minute workout experience combines the core strengthening power of Pilates with the flexibility enhancing benegits of yoga and leaves you feeling empowered, invigorated and rejuvenated.
- Pilates Mat (30 min, 45 min, 55 min):
- Developed over seventy years ago by Joseph H Pilates, the focus of this workout is to strengthen and stretch the abdomen and torso without the use of equipment. Proper breathing techniques and muscle control are practiced.
- Strength & Movement:
- Strength-training principles, yoga-based moves and plyometric exercises are combined to develop core strength without the use of weights.
- willPower and Grace®:
- This workout is a formatted fusion of postures and drills that is as philosophical is it is physical; a full-body functional workout meets sports psychology. We integrate the smartest and safest barefoot training methods to strengthen your feet and lower chain, while conditioning the entire body and yielding a high caloric burn.
- Gentle Yoga:
- Harmonize your mind and body while moving slowly and gently through traditional yoga poses. The instructor will guide you through a yoga practice that will improve your flexibility, balance and posture while not providing too much strain on your joints and muscles. Feel the “ahhhhhh”.