Babysitting/Kids Playroom—General Rules
- For your child’s safety, members and guests may bring only their own children into the Playroom. All children must be signed in and out by the same parent or legal guardian, proper photo identification is required (e.g. driver’s license).
- Members and guests must remain present in the club for the entire duration of their child’s stay in the Playroom.
- The maximum stay in the Playroom is two hours per member or guest visit to the club. Children may stay in the Playroom a second time in the same day; however, there must be at least two hours between visits.
- For safety reasons, Sports Clubs babysitting staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to a child if the number of children per staff member exceeds capacity.
- Children must have shoes on at all times (unless prohibited in certain areas of the Playroom); please bring an extra pair of shoes during inclement weather. It is preferable that children 9 months or younger are dropped off in a car seat or stroller. Strollers must be stored away from Playroom activity. Equipment provided for children under 2 years old varies from club to club (e.g. highchairs, walkers, swings and play mats).
Health and Safety
Sports Clubs babysitting staff reserves the right to deny access to any child who appears to be sick. Children kept home from school due to illness are not allowed in the Playroom. In most clubs, the babysitting staff is not permitted to change diapers. In the event a diaper change is necessary, the parent or guardian will be paged. In clubs where diaper changing is provided, the parent or guardian must bring diapers and wipes as well as a change of clothing. Children who are being potty-trained must wear training pants.
The following items are not permitted in the Playroom:
- Sharp or pointy objects
- Items small enough to be a choking hazard
- Glass items
- Plastic bags
- Markers not provided by the Playroom staff
Food and Beverages
No food is permitted in the playroom, however, beverages are permitted and must be in non-spill containers.
Parents or guardians will be notified of any child’s misbehavior. Sports Clubs Playroom staff reserves the right to deny access to any child as a result of continual behavior problems. If a crying child cannot be consoled after 10-15 minutes, the parent or guardian will be paged.
Pricing and Hours
Babysitting hours of operation and rates vary from club to club. Most charge by the half-hour or hour, while some offer packages. Check with your club for specifics. Find a club with babysitting.