Freeze Membership PolicyEffective September 9, 2009
Sports Clubs offers its members the ability to temporarily suspend, or "freeze," their memberships when they know in advance that they will not be using any of the clubs. During the freeze period, members pay a monthly maintenance fee of $15 in lieu of their standard dues.
A membership can be placed on freeze for a minimum of one month, a maximum of 12 months or any number of whole months in between. During the freeze period, members will be charged $15 per month and are not permitted to use any Sports Clubs, including any programs or services offered by the clubs. For members with commit memberships (typically 1-year or 2-year contractual obligation) who wish to freeze their membership, the freeze period does not count towards the commit period.
A membership freeze cannot begin prior to Sports Clubs receiving written notice from the member stating his/her intention to freeze the membership. This can be done in person at any of our locations or by completing the online Freeze Membership form. Please complete all of the necessary information and include your email address so we can send a confirmation receipt.
Members choosing to fax their request to the Member Services department will receive confirmation via email within two business days stating that their request was received and processed. Should you not receive a confirmation, please email or call us at 877.258.2311 (877-CLUB-311) to confirm completion of your request.
Member Services Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 8:30am - 6:30pm
When completing the form, please note the following:
- Memberships cannot be retroactively frozen. In other words, the freeze start date cannot be a date in the past.
- Once a request for cancellation has been made, the membership cannot be placed on freeze. Said another way, the membership cannot be placed on freeze for the 30-day notice period of cancellation.
- If you have a paid-in-full membership, the expiration date of your membership will be extended by the duration of your freeze, and we will collect the maintenance fee of $15 per month up front.
- If you wish to resume using the clubs prior to the scheduled end of your freeze, just stop by one of the clubs and tell them you are ready to reactivate your membership.
Please fill out and submit our online form: Membership Freeze Form
All Sports Clubs memberships may be canceled under terms agreed upon during the initial enrollment, and outlined on the front of the Membership Agreement. Certain rights of cancellation may vary by club due to state regulations.
Sports Clubs’ cancellation policy allows members to cancel their memberships according to the following:
- Non-commit memberships may be cancelled for any reason and at any time by giving Sports Clubs 30-days written notice.
- Commit memberships may be cancelled once the minimum time period on the Membership Agreement is fulfilled (generally one year or two years). Once the time period has elapsed, members may cancel at any time by giving Sports Clubs 30-days written notice.
- The two scenarios under which a member holding a Commit membership may be released from the terms of the Membership Agreement are (1) qualified medical reasons which prohibit the member from exercising, and (2) relocation of primary residence beyond a minimum distance, from a Sports Clubs location (this distance varies by state).
- Under each of these two scenarios, the member is responsible for paying a cancellation fee. This fee varies by state.
Members may initiate the cancellation in person at any club location, or by sending a cancellation request by Certified Mail to the club or the Member Services department. If the membership cancellation occurs in a club, members will be required to sign a Notice of Cancellation, a copy of which will be generated for their records. Members who cancel by mail can request that a Notice of Cancellation be sent to them.